Thursday, February 27, 2014

Camille: Try Given

Today I played for the my school's rugby team the Saints. It was my second game and I improved a lot! I sped through the other team and touched down and got a try! When I did that the guy that was trying to get me, I tripped him by mistake and he called me an old lady. Then I told my friend that he called me that and she said, "Don't worry I called him an old man". It was so funny.  That was the best rugby game I ever had. This is a picture of me in my Saints Rugby team uniform from the back holding a rugby ball! I pulled heaps of red flags and ran my fastest.


After dinner I also signed up for a new rugby club called the Northern United. I had to buy a mouth guard and uniform and stuff like that etc. yayayyaya. First I got new cleats or boots. I tried on like four or five pairs of cleat boots and finally I got some nice ones that were silver with white laces and a red line along the top and on the tongue of the shoe there was a red line and a white checkmark. And it was also black on the bottom with a red check mark on each side and a red checkmark on the bottom. I love my cleats/boots yeah! Then I got my shorts, uniform shorts. They were dark blue with a Canterbury of New Zealand white symbol on the bottom left hand corner. They are size 10 and they have a stretch outside so you can make them bigger and smaller. They are nice to wear. Next I got my mouth guard. It was pretty easy choosing it, my dad said the small would be too small and the big would be too big but the medium would be perfecto. My mouth guard has a little black case and it looks like a mini purse. And my mouth guard is white. After I bought some of my stuff I got a free poster that had the Wellington Hurricanes players on it and a few fans. I'm gonna love the Northern United rugby team!



11 comments:

  1. Oh Camille....this is terrific!!!!!! I notice you said 'heaps'! You are already sounding like a New Zealander!. Good for you...getting a try! Your mom and dad must be so proud!! I hope you will have a game when I come so I can watch you ripping up the field!!! I LOVE you so much! Love Nanny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fashion, intelligence and pure speed! That's quite a combination. And good on you not to be discouraged with the silly comments re. "old woman"... STUPID IS STUPID SAYS!!!!!!

    Go Camille!!!!!

    Love Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the footage of Camille lowering the boom! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Camille

    Your luckey to join the Rugbee team
    Its to bad your not here.We made are own cereal boxes and people came in to vote for us Ammara won by seven votes. We also started a new club called hockey club are team name is the Flyers and we lost the finals.Plus you mised the best 2 skating trips ever!!! and Keshuf fell the most.Are you going to come back to Canada? What launge do you speak in New Zealand? Do you like the food there?What kind of food do you eat there?? From: Raiyan and Faiz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Camille

    This is Rubaya and Laiba.We just wanted to say hi and tell you what you missed from the past few months.You are missing when we learned about structures. You also missed when we learned about black history,heros,heroins and segregation laws.We learned about Martin Luther King Jr.We read your amazing wellington adventures and we think you played very well.Martin Luther King Jr stoped segregation by telling his big speeches because he was a minister.We all missed you very much.We all hope you come back to Canada soon so we could hear your stories about Shando.Have an amazing time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Camille

    You have missed a lot of fun that we had in class.We have learned a new game that was called speed ball and in the game we have stand anywhere in the class room,but we cant go in the pit.Than someone has to say anyones nam and throw the ball to them and if they catch it they are not out, but if the miss it they are out ,or if the person who threw it too hard is now out and it keeps on going until there is a winner.When it was my turn I kept on catching the ball , but one time I dident catch it and I was out, but I still had fun.The winner was Zonair.I liked your new uniform and your new shoes.it sounds fun in Newzeland.

    from Zonair and Owais to Camille Have a great time in Newzeland!


    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear friend Camile

    This is your friend Zuhayr and Haris.We all miss you badly.We have been fallowing your blog and it looks like your haveing a good time.You are missing the best thing in your life... STRUCTURES!!! So far Mr.Chong made a modle city and shaked the table and said he was walking on the street and one of the buldings fell on him ( joke). We also learned about stablilty. If you dont know it means, then we will tell you.It means how strong some thing is. We also miss Shally Manllya and Shonduke!!!

    From your dear friends Zuhayr and Haris

    ReplyDelete
  8. DEAR Camille
    This is bilal and abeer
    what you said was great and we did a new type of art it doesen't have a name but we can describe it for you the things you need are charcole,cue card and a big white clean paper,First you need to cut your shape and then you need to put some charcole and you need to practice it in a ruff copy.

    I just want to ask you that if you wrote more chapters about shawndo,I hope you are having a fun time in New Zeland and I hope you and your rugby team win the matches and WE MISS YOU ALOT!!!
    LOVE:ABEER Bilal


    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Camille:
    You are going to be a strong "woman" , not an old lady with the running and those cleats!
    You will be muscular and tall when I see you in July. Play well and safe.
    I love your blog and your details in writing. Do not worry about missing the games at Mr. Chong's class. You have loads of fun in NZ and your friends don't know what they are missing.
    LOL,
    Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Camille
    Your writing was great that I wanted to read again.You miss the cereal box compitetion it was really fun .Ammara won her was Chocolate Churnh she had eight votes nobody had more than eight .I got zero vote my was Ballarine Flakes.Who would you vote for mines or Ammaras ?You missed two skating trips we made bubbles ,we marched and ect.What about your story could you type on your blog so Mr.Chong can read us. The uniform you wore made you so different. I miss you.

    From,

    Warisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Warisha,
      Now you have just made me want some Chocolate Churnh! For my cereal in the mornings I eat 4-8 bowls of Rice Krispies or Corn Flakes. When I read your words Chocolate Churnh and Ballerine Flakes my mouth started to water.
      From Camille

      PS. What are Churnh?

      Delete